Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Trip in the Past

Well this week I have been feeling a bit more like my hippy self. With that in mind, I decided to take a trip back in time to some tunes that come from a time when the hippy nation was more alive, so to speak. Most of these tracks come directly from recordings from Woodstock ('69). I remember spending many days listening to these tunes on a little transistor radio I carried with me EVERYWHERE! Although I was only 7 yrs. old at the time, I truly believe that a huge part of my being had to be there absorbing all the great energy that was put out at that concert. Even though I enjoy music of all sorts, the sounds from that era will always hold a special place in my heart & soul. I hope you enjoy this play list as much as I have putting it together. Please send me your feed-back. I always look forward to any comments or suggestions you may have. With that all said...Let Your Freak Flag Fly!!!

Much Love & Peace,
The MoJo Goddess


Playlist: Canned Heat ~ Going Up The Country, CCR ~ Fortunate Son, Jethro Tull ~ Living In The Past, Don Mclean ~ American Pie, Neil Young ~ Down By The River, The Kinks ~ Supersonic Rocket Ship, James Taylor ~ Fire and Rain, The Beatles ~ I am the Walrus, Paul Simon ~ Mother And Child Reunion, Jimi Hendrix ~ Purple Haze, Jefferson Airplane ~ White Rabbit, Jim Croce ~ I Got a Name, The Who ~ Squeeze Box, Arlo Guthrie ~ Coming into Los Angeles, Santana ~ Soul Sacrifice, Crosby, Stills & Nash ~ Just A Song Before I Go, Marvin Gaye ~ Mercy Mercy Me, Joe Cocker ~ A Little Help From My Friends

 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mojo Goddess:

    I enjoy doing homework to your music in the back ground. I think I will start downloading these podcasts to my phone so I can listen to them on the go! Track #2 is my favorite; I associate it with patriotism for some reason. Hope to hear it on the July 4th cast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you enjoyed it and thank you once again for showing me a most beautiful place! I had a truly relaxing day that was much over due. I will try to include your request for my Independence cast. Be sure to check out my previous shows as well.

    Much Love & Peace,
    The MoJo Goddess

    ReplyDelete