Saturday, February 11, 2012

...and now, for something completely different

When the Goddess is away, Northfork Hippy will play! I have hijacked this podcast, and in a departure from the disco, pop music and the stuff all of the cool kids are listening to, I've put together this playlist of mostly African influenced music. Enjoy, and as the Goddess herself is fond of saying: Peace, my Children!

Afro Celt Sound System- Release It (instrumental); Talking Heads- Hey Now; Karminsky Project- Explorations; Unknown Artist-Any way ya wanna go; Angelique Kudjo- Voodoo Child (Slight Return); Ladysmith Black Mambazo- The Lion Sleeps Tonight; Afro Celt Sound System- Lovers of Light; Luther Allison- You Can't Always Get What You Want

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much NorthFork Hippy for this week's contribution to Git Yo MoJo On! Awesome podcast! You actually read my mind. I was planning on a podcast such as this for this week as it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's the least I could do! Thanks for letting me play. We're all sending good vibrations to your Dad for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete